Monday, September 19, 2011

# The One With The Most Difficult Task

Yes, the most difficult task.The task of getting back to where I lost contact with this blog and taking it forward from right  there. This(read:blogging) has been something that I have wanted to do ever since I was in the ninth grade and first heard about blogs.To regularly dedicate some part of my time to it ranked high on my to-do list when I was about to start with college. 

But college, as I have happened to register, is actually a different world altogether. { I guess I now know that all those people mentioned in my seminal post on this blog(if by any ghastly chance you happened to read it) weren't exactly wrong( though I still maintain- overenthusiastic) in their views about college life!} 
So I guess the thing that basically kept me away from it is precisely the thing it was supposed to be about - my life, once I began with college.Its been a dizzying,exhilarating,exciting and at times nauseating roller-coster ride to say the least, with me learning something new(or letting go of something old) at every twist and turn.

This post has been building up in my head for over two months now...and I just haven't been able to find the right words to express the amazing time I have had, the wonderful(and not-so-wonderful) people I have met and all the crazy things that have happened to me over the past one year, in a single blog post.I won't try very hard either.'Coz like I said, its time to take it forward from here and I will certainly try my best, with whatever frugal literary capacities I have. 

I welcome you aboard, my dear reader, on this sojourn through the metaphorical pages of "THe CoLLege DiaRIEs". :D

Author's Note: Making a comeback to this passion of mine has taken a lot more courage and effort than is apparent. I had entirely given up on it and have a seriously long list of people to thank, who made me believe that whatever I write is of any kind of interest to anyone at all. So I take this opportunity to thank:
* A very close friend, who is amazingly gifted with words and never ceases to tell me that my posts make for intereseting reads.She recently revived her own blog.INSPIRATION.

*An equally gifted friend of the abovesaid friend(who eats,drinks and breathes literature),who read the blog and made me feel extremely nice with the reviews.MOTIVATION.

*A few old friends, who have asked me more than once about my next bog post.Specially one particular friend, who wouldt stop badgering me about it from time to time.AFFECTION.

*A very new friend, who said "You must write more often, and share too!"COGNIZANCE,GRATITUDE.

*And last but in no way the least, a very old friend again, who threatened to sit on a fast at Ramlila if he didnt happen to see a new post in two days' time.DEFERENCE.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! (I do sound like a Booker winning author,I know, but what's life without a little drama,huh!?)

21 comments:

  1. It's been more than 2 days, but chalo theek hai :)
    I can just hope you are here to stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope d real part is as passionate as This trailr f urs is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man !! Medha i just loved this post of urs( and the others too !! :D )
    Wat a great job !! :))
    I m hoping ull ryt more often nd curiously waiting for another post !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @spectator: yeah, examz were on....i'll try my best to stay put.and thaks a lot again! :)

    @anonymous1: thanks a lot, wud have been great if u had revealed who u were!

    @kshitij: thanks a lot, plz keep reading :D

    @anonymous2: i will certainly try me best.wish i knew who u were!

    @sal: just keep following, u know i love you :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the Man Booker goes to Medha Bansal! How apt! Even your initials match :P Anyway, love to see that your blog is back again and I'm going to be presumptuous here and assume that the second vote of thanks was for me and welcome you for it ;) And yes, do maintain that naming scheme of yours, you just made my day when I first saw it (though I started cursing myself why I hadn't thought of it before) :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real good one yaar, its simply amazing how you can pen down your thoughts with so much of style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @harshit: it most certainly was for you...u really kinda motivated me that day.Just read your blog too....needless to say its professionally perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back girl, here's to reading more from you!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!MEDHA....JUST READ IT...IT WAS DAMN GUD YAAR....
    HD NEVER SEEN THIS SYD OF URS.....:)
    GOIN GUD;):) .....

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Abhimanue: Thanks a lot yaar, coming from you, its really something.Plz keep reading!

    @aditi: CHEERS GIRL!!! here's to blogging and shopping and eating, all away to glory :P

    @vikas: thanks a lot yaar, friends like you matter a lot.Plz keep reading!!

    @eureka:thanks a real lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice to see you back.. :)
    hoping theres lot n lots to come...so tht i can sit back n enjoy.. :D
    Vaibhav

    ReplyDelete
  13. luv u as usual n i hope dere's a lot more 2 b discovered in u by us n u both!!
    -G.B

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought you had forgotten abt ur own blog! i love the simplicity with which it is written and the emotion it enunciates, brilliant stuff, looking forward for a lot more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. finally m able to read this.... its so nycc.... jitna socha usse bhi acha......
    - silky

    ReplyDelete
  16. @vaibhav: thanks a real ton!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @gun: thanks for being so awesome!

    @raghav: wat can i say but thanx(considering i letrally threatened you)....keep reading :)

    @silky: awww....luv you....padhte rehna, k!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE it, Mantal! Last line dil ko chu gyi! :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. good to have you back girl..
    missed you!!

    ReplyDelete