Monday, September 20, 2010

# The One With All The Photography

It all started with the rain. Yesterday, all of a sudden we were engulfed in a stream of great winds, wonderful rains and the finest weather there could be.Since I had nothing more engrossing or demanding at hand(how could there be!), I decided to make the best of the day. I went outside my house and hardly had I set foot outside that a sudden thought flew straight up to me. I felt like it had always existed somewhere but had never bothered to present itself to me before. I wanted to photograph the rain.
Now, the thing with photography is that no one in my family is particularly enthusiastic about it. They believe that it is better to enjoy the moment right then, than lose the entire fun of it in trying to capture it. I beg to differ, I try to capture a moment forever so that just a look at the snap can take me back to whenever and wherever it was shot.I always try to shoot with a subject. I dont know why but people along with landscapes or in the middle of them appeal more to me than just plain landscapes.So I naturally asked my mother to pose for me along with the rain.She obviously refused.(" Let me enjoy the weather", She said in the manner in which she would ward off a fly).I started looking for other subjects.What happened next is for all of you to see.


1. I started with  a few school children who were crossing the park that lies right in front of my house. I knew one of them and called her out to stop.None of them did, saying they were already late and were also getting soaked( though I can bet the world they were loving it).


Walking away, or rather running away from me!
2. I then called out to a hard working gentleman who's working at some construction or renovation or repair or whatever it is, near my house. He gave me a look which told me he believed I was incapable of saying anything sane and kept walking.He too was loving the rain, I am telling you.


He thinks I am mad.
I was already two pics down and I couldn't see the rain in any of the shots, though it was raining considerably well at that time. I thought that taking a close up might do the job.And hence resorted to some self-photography.Please don't laugh.


3.This is me obviously, being clicked by my camera which at this point of time was sitting atop a tower of tables and stools.


Me.


4. I hadn't zoomed enough, tried again.


Zoomed Me.


Still no rain to be seen. Bad shot anyways.


5. I turned back to the park, where a few guys were macho-ing about on handle bars. I have to admit that by this time my interest had completely diverted from trying to capture the rain to just clicking about randomly.I tried to zoom enough to capture their faces. I was unsuccesful of course, actually my camera was.


Iron Men.




6. My lovely neighbour then came out to take in some drying clothes. I just love her smile.So naturally I had to click her. My snooty neighbour-next got caught in the frame too, talking on his phone.


My Sweetest Neighbour.




7. Focus shifted back to rain. More pics, of grilles and ground.


Here I guess I could see some rain.



Here, I guess, I could see the rain to some extent.


8. I took a break. Decided to go and buy some samosas.They had been finished. Headed back home. Thought of taking some final few shots.
I found a most interesting subject this time, a rain-frog. I call him a rain-frog and not just a frog is that 'coz the only time during the year that I get to see him is during the rains. Well this part was the most interesting as he wouldn't stand still and also 'coz my father was home by this time. He always enjoys watching me do silly stuff like this and this time around he himself turned into an accomplice and even held an umbrella over my head as I went on to photograph the ever hopping froggy! How I love my DAD!
Meet Mr. Frog.












Don't take this dude wrong. He's throwing no attitude, just a little camera shy ;)

Author's Note: Sorry all readers for boring you with this random, whimsical photosession of mine. It actualy had to be put up here 'coz of two reasons, firstly it marks a very memorable day in my life and secondly, the draft had been ready for over a month and only minor changes had to be made, so it would  have been unfair to now not put it up, when its been in the queue for so long. Saayonara.



8 comments:

  1. Amazing. Just love your love for life. Hope to infect myself with some of it. I totally agree with capturing a moment so that it takes you back there whenever you want to. And there were portions of brilliance in it. Keep up the good work!! And my greetings to the camera-shy Mr. Frog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi5.. I am a new photographer myself...!!
    My fav pic is no. 5.. There's just something about the color & the focus that made it stand out from the rest..
    Love your tee/top!!

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday ko konse bacche school jate hain? :P
    On the whole, quite an interesting post! Random clicking is also my passion! Even I feel like capturing every moment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mr.Spectator: Thank you very much,I wud love to see you really happy always.

    @Pranali: WOW,Hi5, thanx,u read all my posts so regularly,u r a treasure for me....thnx for all the compliments...plz keep reading!

    @Karan: tune agar 'author's note' padha hai to tujhe is question ka answer aata hai, check again!Thanku.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MB: hope u know dat there is a tag waiting for u on my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh haan! Silly me! :P
    Btw, which memorable day? ;)
    And a 'Japanese' ending! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't know how I forgot to mention this in my prev comment, that u have a lovely smile...

    ReplyDelete
  8. luv u babezz, u'r a swt hrt & ppl myt find it silly bt ds post made me emotional...rememberng sch dayss of my lyf :)

    ReplyDelete