Saturday, August 7, 2010

#The One Where This Blog Comes To Be

"Tu abhi college nahi gayi na isliye tujhe pata nahi hai!"( You haven't been to college as yet, so you really don't know!)-Friend,
"Tujhe kya pata hai college ke baare mein,chup kar!"( You don't know anything about college,so shut up!)-Elder Sis,
"Tu college to jaa fir poochungi tujhse"(You go to college once, I'll ask you then)-Another Friend
"College alag hi hota hai yaar, school se bahot alag "( College is something different altogether, pretty different from school)-A lot of friends
"Itni badi nahi hui hai tu abhi, sirf admission hi hua hai, college jaana shuru nahi ho gayi hai"( You are not as grown up as you think you are, you have only been admitted yet,you have not even actually begun attending college)- MOM( who else!)
"What gibberish is this?", you might be thinking. Well,These are just snippets that have been jumping in quite regularly in any conversation I have been having with anyone for almost the entire past two months.
It was mildly interesting in the beginning but has become downright irritating these days. Okay,I am going to start with college this year,in a few days' time, and it feels great but guess what, everybody else is more excited than me! I mean, I know entering college marks the beginning of a different phase in one's life altogether, which is why,to mark the new beginning I am also setting up this dear blog of mine,  but I would really appreciate it if my loved ones could be a little downbeat about it, 'coz all this hype and hooplah is giving me more jitters than the entire thing is worth.
Anyways, A big Hello to everyone who happens to come across this blog.Thank You for stopping by. Please dont take me for a snooty teenager who's too arrogant to like her dear ones to be involved with the little joys in her life, 'coz saying the above doesnt mean I am any less excited about college and honestly, not just college but life in general, its just that I want it to be the most normal thing to do.
This blog is a tribute to the glorious years gone by and an attempt to capture the wonderful ones that are yet to come. It is my way of journalising all the strange,funny,crazy and unbelievable( I might be missing a lot of categories here) things,people,moments and incidents(here too) that I might encounter on this upcoming roller coaster ride.Please join in.
You might consider me to be sitting on the pole right now.

11 comments:

  1. really nice as your first post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx a lot pranali, ur blog is really great too.....luking forward to more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought n roamed around with my thoughts a lot and then could think of only one thing to describe this...TYPICAL YOU......as for your journey Bon Voyage.....may it be more than what mine was for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely put not too overboard just sweet and simple..hope you continue writing more such anecdotes..
    P.s.-the template is nice compliments the theme of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really good first blog post. It sums up your mind state pretty well! I quite understand your feelings. I was experiencing the same last year. Take my advice. Shut your ears to any college conversation and go experience it yourself!

    P.S. : I am going start my own blog soon. You beat me to it! :P
    And I love your DP :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @A.G: wow, i dont believe this but I knew sumhow u wud find thid typical me.....if only u had time to blog,i wud love to read what u wrote!

    @kshitij: thanks thanks thank, for everything....i'll try to bring lots more to this!

    @karan: u have to stop falling in love with my DPs, reallyyyy!!!and if u still need help with the name, text message!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one! an account of all such experiences.... must say frm a poets perspective u are great at creating a visual experience in the written charachters....

    ReplyDelete
  8. heyy gr8 start..:)..and i couldn't agree more abt the college panorama.lol..going through pretty much the same.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @adi: thanks girl, coming from u it sounds really great!

    @raghav:thanks thanks, yeah two about-to-start with college people with the same woes, thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. if i'm not wrong 1st n 4rth statement r by me..n tu colg ja fir puchungi... can b sunaina offcourse... bt i do wish rather i hope ...u 'll hve gr8 beggining to ur new life...bt plz mind it " dont be a mahilaa"...in mahilaa colg of engrin..with another "MAHILLA"( u knw who)....
    gud wrk...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Vision girl: haan haan they are definitely by you, navanil also has a role, so do sunaina, nikhil, vipul and apoorva!!! haan yaar kaash koi kisi tarah mujhe iss mahila syndrome se bacha le, kaash!!!

    ReplyDelete